Saturday 2 January 2010

Napoleonic "Black Powder" Project Planned For 2010


My main project for 2010 will be the creation of both a French and opposing British army from the Napoleonic era using 15mm “Essex Miniatures”. Originally envisaged in March 2007, this venture initially started out as an eccentric attempt to create two “De Bellis Antiquitatis” forces with which to learn Phil Barker’s rules. Indeed I only finished basing a twelve ‘element’ French infantry army (using basic Blades, Bows, Psiloi and Auxilia elements) last month in order to help ‘teach me’ the game.

However the very recent purchase of Rick Priestley and Jervis Johnson’s 1700 – 1900 rule set has changed this goal. Instead, I now hope to have painted enough figures for me to participate in a ‘proper’ “Black Powder” battle (with twenty-four strong Infantry units) by December 2010.

As a result I intend to complete work on at least one (40mm x 20mm) base of 15mm Napoleonic models each week. Only then will I pay any attention to some of the other minor projects I have tentatively given the green light to for 2010.

Foremost amongst these other ventures is a ‘Ghostbusters’ themed homemade rule set using a selection of models from (predominantly) “Heresy Miniatures” and “Wyrd Minatures”, as well as scenery from “Ainsty Products” (via “Old Crow Models”).

No comments:

Post a Comment