Friday 13 January 2012

British Sixth Airborne Division - Part Three

I've finished the painting on both my “Victrix” Napoleonic French Lieutenant and Standard Bearer, but have put the remaining two models required for the Command stand’s completion temporarily to one side in order to allow me time for a mini-push on some 15mm models by “Copplestone Castings” and some 6mm Modern British by “GHQ Micro-Armour”.

I've also finished the first of the officer bases for my 20mm British Airborne Paratroopers by “Friend And Foe”. I plan to use the ‘Officer with map pointing’ as Major John Howard DSO, the officer who led the glider-borne assault on the German-held bridges across the Caen Canal and River Orne.

COMING SOON - As a complete aside I've started repainting a number of 28mm “Warhammer Fantasy” models from “Games Workshop”. The Empire miniatures were originally completed a couple of years ago, but now require rebasing and their white/flesh areas repainted in order to fit in better with the current block and wash painting style I employ. This will hopefully mean the little guys will finally see some tabletop action, after a couple of years tucked away in a box in the loft.

No comments:

Post a Comment