I've finished painting the first of three resin and metal vehicles I recently purchased from "Warlord Games." I prepared this "Bolt Action" Flying Standard 10' "Tilly" Truck for painting by gluing its metal wheels into place, and then drilling out its windows in order to provide a view of the driver and interior. This 'operation' had to be done carefully as the vehicle's window frames are thin and although the resin within them was easily removed it would have been all too easy to break the casting. In the end I used a modelling knife to cut away the final resin pieces and straighten out the shape of the open windows. I then painted the vehicle's rubber-resin canvas canopy as a separate piece for both convenience sake and in order to allow the vehicle to be used with it in place or not. It was given an undercoat of "Vallejo" Heavy Brown followed up by a wash of "Citadel" Shade Agrax Earthshade.
I undercoated the main body of the utility truck with "Coat D'Arms" Black before before predominantly painting it with "Vallejo" Heavy Green. I then heavily washed the utility truck with "Citadel" Shade Agrax Earthshade. I picked out the windows with canvas on them using more "Vallejo" Heavy Brown in order for them to fit in with the colour of the canopy. For sanity's sake I also painted the interior frames of these windows Heavy Brown despite them in reality probably being Heavy Green. This was because the detail in the resin where the canopy covers finished and the window frame started were indistinct in some places and in others it was mightily difficult to reach with a paintbrush.
The driver's uniform was painted using the "Citadel" Layer Doombull Brown in order to replicate the now out of production "Citadel" Dark Flesh paint scheme I originally used for the uniforms of my "West Wind Productions" British Infantry. Despite my unhappiness with "Games Workshop" over the replacement of their entire paint range I'll now use this particular colour for any future "Bolt Action" British that I buy from "Warlord Games."
Once again I applied a number of Allied decals to the truck from within an old bag of I won of "Airfix" and "Revell" Second World War vehicle transfers. Unfortunately, doubtless due to their age, many of these decals perished upon contact with water, so as a result, and until I can purchase some new decals, the utility truck will lack a fleet number on its bonnet.