Tuesday 4 March 2014

British Soldier With Sten - Part One

I've finished the first of four models from the "Secrets Of The Third Reich" blister B-SOTR04 Sten-B. I actually plan to use these 28mm metal miniatures from "West Wind Productions" as part of my Mid/Late War infantry sections when playing "Savage Worlds" "Weird War Two".

Unfortunately all the other soldiers I've previously completed for my British Army were painted predominantly using either the former "Citadel" Foundation paint range or even older colours. As a result, and in order to try and best match the soldier's uniform to my old paint scheme, I've had to turn to some new "Citadel" and "Vallejo" alternatives.

The model's uniform and tin helmet were therefore painted with "Citadel" Doombull Brown and washed with Agrax Earthshade in order to provide a close approximation to the old Dark Flesh and Devlan Mud combination I once used. Luckily I also found an old usable pot of Calthan Brown, so was able to paint the soldier's bullet-proof vest with exactly the same colour I used for the rest of his section a couple of years ago. Slightly disappointingly though I was unable to find an ideal match for the trooper's green gas mask filter so went with a mix of "Vallejo" Heavy Grey" and "Agrax Earthshade".
Having momentarily set aside the rest of the models I need to paint for a second British Early War infantry section, I'm putting the finishing touches on a German flammenwerfer and finally starting the initial layers on a Panzerabwehrbuchse.

No comments:

Post a Comment