Wednesday 12 March 2014

German Mech Grenadier Mechbusch

I'm continuing to crack on painting the two dozen or so 28mm models from "West Wind Productions" I want to complete prior to Salute 2014. This German Mech Grenadier is one of the two models found in the "Secrets Of The Third Reich" blister G-SOTR27 Mechbusch Team. The other model from this packet is actually sculpted carrying a GWHER 45 automatic rifle, so I've based him in preparation for painting him as part of a Waffen-SS (Early War) squad.

As with the majority of my Heer infantrymen, I painted the soldier's uniform and helmet with a combination of "Citadel" Adeptus Battlegrey and Nuln Oil, and his bullet proof vest with Calthan Brown and Devlan Mud. To make the figure's anti-tank rifle stand out I painted the barrel Boltgun Metal and Nuln Oil and the rest of the weapon with an old pot of Terracotta (with a wash of Devlan Mud).
In the meantime I've also turned to another out of production "Citadel" paint pot, the Foundation colour Astronomican Grey, and applied a coat of it over my first Commercial Style 28mm scale wood building by "Wargame-Model-Mods".

No comments:

Post a Comment