Sunday 8 June 2014

Muster First Patrol - Part Three

These three 15mm miniatures come from the "The Ion Age" code IAF022 Muster First Patrol, and have already seen action against my combined painted horde of "Ground Zero Games" Xenomorphs and "Pendraken Miniatures" Face Huggers.

I plan to paint up a good number more of these Guardsmen, at least another six stands, in order to be able to field a force substantial enough to capture the spirit of a 'volley of a thousand lasguns'. But for now I'm going to turn my attention to a small base representing a Lieutenant, and another to use as an Orderly; both with similar colour schemes to those used in the Rogue Trader days when Mark Copplestone was sculpting the Imperial Guard.
 
Currently I've only got as far as undercoating the models with two coats of "Vallejo" Heavy Bluegrey and 'blocking in' some of their non-uniform areas, such as their boots and weapons, with "Citadel" Abaddon Black. Unlike the Guardsmen, these two 15mm miniatures will require an undercoat of "Vallejo" Heavy Sienna on their body armour and shoulder pads in readiness for an application of gold.
 
I have however managed to paint on the initial layer of "Vallejo" Gold onto my two remaining models from the "Judge Dredd Miniatures Game" by "Mongoose Publishing". I still need to paint a second neater layer over this first coat in order to stop any Heavy Sienna from showing through, but once this phase of the painting is complete then Judge Dekker and Judge Giant will both be well on their way to being (finally) finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment