|Rage WIP - Boots and slaughtered rabbit on hip have been finished. Just working on his red trousers|
Having played a couple of matches of “Guild Ball” by “Steamforged Games Ltd” over the weekend I’ve found my enthusiasm for the game’s wonderful, but rather expensive, miniatures at an all-time high. Indeed I’ve subsequently ordered not only another Union player to fill out my squad so I can field a full Captain and four players, plus mascot. But I’ve bought the makings of a second opposing team in the shape of the Engineer’s Guild and a load of plastic templates and tokens.
As far as my painting table is concerned however I’ve been concentrating on my Union team’s attacking midfielder Rage; a character who has more than a passing resemblance to that of William “Bill the Butcher” Cutting, as portrayed by Daniel Day-Lewis in the 2002 motion picture “Gangs Of New York”.
|Avarisse WIP - Boots and trousers have been completed. Brown trench coat is next|
Rage is undoubtedly the star of my squad and proved invaluable when I snatched victory from the jaws of defeat in my second match. In a game where models require ‘Influence’ in order to be activated, run and fight, his ‘Furious’ ability allows him to very usefully charge (enter close combat with an improved attack) for free. Coupled with his ‘Bezerk’ power (gains a free attack when he damages an opponent) and this cigar-chomping killer can very quickly do some serious damage. In addition any successful attacks Rage makes also cause bleeding as a result of him always slicing a ‘Crucial Artery’.
I’ve also been slowly painting away at my incredibly large, and annoyingly cumbersome model of Avarisse. His magnetised chest loop is essentially finished, and I have finally managed to complete work on his trousers and leg studs – though the latter still need to be washed with “Citadel” Nuln Oil.
|Coin WIP - The fat snake has been washed and dry-brushed. Just need to pick out his eyes and flock the base|
Finally I’ve almost completed Coin, my team’s animal mascot. This model has actually proved incredibly difficult to ‘stick with’ as for some reason the edges of the snake’s scales don’t seem to like having paint on them. As a result the rather large python has had at least four green undercoats, been washed and dry-brushed repeatedly and still tends to ‘flake’ or ‘chip’ if even slightly handled. I’m therefore rather keen to finish this mascot and get him varnished, flocked and done…