|"Oh, they're so excitable, like all foreigners."|
This metal model of Professor Peter Cushion is from “Antediluvian Miniatures” range of 28mm Adventurers. The sculpt is seemingly based upon the character of Doctor Abner Perry, a somewhat stereotypical potty Victorian scientist who features in the 1976 Fantasy-Science Fiction film “At The Earth’s Core”.
The figure was initially undercoated with “Citadel” Abaddon Black and then dry-brushed with “Vallejo” Heavy Charcoal. I then painted the character’s shirt and sleeves with White before washing these areas with the some Pale Grey. In order to break up the predominantly monochrome colour scheme, I picked out the model’s umbrella handle with a combination of Charred Brown and “The Army Painter” Strong Tone Quickshade. I also applied a mixture of “Citadel” Ironbreaker and Nuln Oil to Peter’s waist chain and monocle. Finally the elderly adventurer’s hair and moustache were painted with “Vallejo” Heavy Bluegrey and more “Citadel” Nuln Oil.
|Frankenstein's Monster WIP - The creature's flesh has been completely repainted|
Having finished applying the red and silver layers to my somewhat squat-looking Clayface “Heroclix” plastic figure, I’ve subsequently managed to wash the supervillain’s safe and steel girder with black ink, and the somewhat scenic brickwork with brown ink. In addition I have finally repainted this rather formidably-sized Frankenstein “Wizkids” miniature. The pre-painted figure actually had the creature’s obvious stitching ‘picked out’ in black. But when I attempted to replicate this painting technique, and even try to go one better by additionally colouring the stitches with brown, I found that the model simply looked a complete mess. As a result I have repainted all the monster’s skin areas and may now simply leave them alone having also reapplied a “Citadel” Nuln Oil wash.
|Blackheart WIP - The Pirate King's face is finally close to completion|
Lastly I have been persevering with my “Guild Ball” miniatures. These models have proved a real challenge, not least because my Blackheart model came unstuck during the painting process. Now however, I have finally started work on the Pirate King’s face, and just need to tidy up the Union Team captain’s eyes before I concentrate on his predominantly red cloak. I have also started applying the foundation layer to Rage’s white shirt and blood-spattered waist towel.