 |
| "Crooked Dice Game Design Studio" once again dominated my (meagre) output for July 2026 |
After last month's rather dismissal effort to paint up another quartet of my 32mm scale resin cast figures by "Modiphius Entertainment" for their Star Trek Adventures Tabletop RPG, as well as zero contributions t
o Dave Stone's Season of Scenery over on his "Wargames Terrain Workshop" blog, I thought I'd take a break from challenges for the next four weeks and simply pigment whatever takes my fancy. As a result, I have ordered (and duly received) a number of "Blake's Seven" inspired sculpts from "Beast In The Broch" and plan to slap as much paint on them as I can muster.
First up will be the three officers from the company's FedSec Command 2 set. "Digitally sculpted by Carl Stoelzel and cast in lead free pewter", I actually feel that these particular figures are probably a little too 'chunky' for some of the range's other models. But that hasn't dampened my enthusiasm for getting the likes of Terran Federation officers Major Thania, Colonel Quute and Major Provine onto my tabletop.
 |
| "Beast In The Broch" WIPs - The three figures found inside FedSec Command 2 set. |
Likewise it would be great if I could manage to get some of the miniatures finished from the manufacturer's Systemic Units set too. Clearly based upon "The System" which was responsible for building the Liberator, these figures arguably appear a little more slender to the eye than their Federation counter-parts - despite also being "digitally sculpted by Carl Stoelzel".
Furthermore, I'd really like to play 'catch-up' with the aforementioned "Star Trek" models I failed to get finished in July. I only managed to get one crew-woman from the science fiction franchise's Original Series done, so would like to make some headway with my plan to get a landing party based on the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise-D too. Most of these miniatures' uniforms are predominantly black, so fingers crossed I can a few of them ready for varnishing over the coming weeks.
 |
| July 2026 - Crooked Dice Game Design Studio finally takes the lead in my Top Five Manufacturers |
With this 'backlog' in mind, I haven't forgotten about the remaining figures I've yet to complete from blister JD 15 Don Uggie Apelino & The Ape Gang by "Citadel Miniatures". To be fair, I have been trying to 'pick away' at these classic sculpts for some time. However, I always seem to get distracted by my latest new arrivals (or interest), and subsequently end up pushing them back down the queue.
To make matters worse, my enthusiasm for "Star Wars" appears to have attained fresh heights as a result of my playing the card game "Star Wars: Unlimited" by Fantasy Flight Games. This addiction has rather curiously caused me to purchase a couple of "Star Wars: Shatterpoint" boxes - to add as non-canon adversaries of my previously painted Count Dooku. So I'd very much like to get them assembled, primed and pigmented before the coming month is concluded too...
Meagre output, by your standards, but all were splendid. I shall watching with interest to see the results of the new Beast in the Broch miniatures. Someday I will get round to the ones in my colection.
ReplyDeleteThanks Michael. I do have two miniatures already painted for August, so I'm pretty sure I'll be besting last month's output quite quickly. I do thoroughly recommend many of Beast in the Broch's catalogue. But most I actually own via when they were being produced by Crooked Dice - so BitB rarely get the credit even these days.
DeleteI used to have a boss, you would stand and watch us work with his legs that wide apart like that figure in the middle. I surprised he never fell over, I think you should call him Phil from now on. LOL!
ReplyDeleteLOL.!! I thought this set was absolutely superb, Ray. Just slightly too chunky for my eye - albeit when compared to the Systemic Units figs they look fine.
DeleteSorry to hear last months output didn't go as planned, hopefully this month will be better, at least the quality didn't drop .
ReplyDeleteCheers Dave. It was an absolutely dreadful month, imho. But fingers crossed August will be a better one.
DeleteNot up to your expectations, but still a decent amount to show off and post about mate.
ReplyDeleteSounds like lots of goodies to look forward to for this coming month though. Excited for those Shatterpoint figs!
Thanks Dai. I have had worse months tbh. But they were a couple of years ago. I've got a lot of Star Wars: Shatterpoint planned - as the figs are excellent, imho, and dropping in price in the shops around me.
Delete