![]() |
| "Always there." |
Resultantly, I decided to prime mine with a couple of layers of "Vallejo" Heavy Sienna and splosh him with "Citadel" Agrax Earthshade. I then went back with some highlights of (more) "Vallejo" Heavy Sienna on the brute's facial features and fingers. This palette definitely helped mask the aforementioned details I found disagreeable without me having to resort to filing them off - which is something I did actually consider.
![]() |
| "Beast In The Broch" WIPs - These FedSec Commanders have had their basic flesh layers applied |
Lastly, I used some "Citadel" Rakarth Flesh and Agrax Earthshade on the brute's skull-smashing animal bone, dry-brushed the hand-weapon with a tad more Rakarth Flesh, and lastly added a smidgeon of "Vallejo" Dead White to it. I also carefully traced a little "Vallejo" Gunmetal along the metal ring sticking out from the horrific-looking cudgel's bottom, and darkened it down with a splash of "Citadel" Nuln Oil.
![]() |
| "Diehard Miniatures" WIPs - These Krupps Corp Troopers have been base-layered over their initial prime |
In addition I've returned to the three Krupps Corp unit blister models I bought from "Diehard Miniatures" whilst at this year's "Salute". As I plan to use the miniatures to represent the Norts from the "Rogue Trooper" comic book series in "2000 A.D.", I was never really happy with their "Vallejo" German Grey undercoat as it looked far too dark to the almost blue-suited villains I remember from my youth. Then recently I spotted a digitally coloured version of artist Dave Gibbons' Rogue Trooper: Total War splash page on the "Rebellion Publishing" website, and realised this was precisely the colour scheme I had in my 'Mind's Eye'. Resultantly, I've base-layered my trio of 'pilot pieces' with some "Vallejo" Sombre Grey to use for their chemsuits main colour instead...



Bet your glad to have three of your four beastmen done I see what you mean about the pose. 😒
ReplyDeleteThose fedsec figures are really nice and are coming along a treat.
Likewise I really like those Diehard miniatures are very nice and capture the spirit of the old 2000AD comic brilliantly.
Cheers Roger
Thanks very much, Roger. This is by far my least favourite of the Beastmen poses. The FedSec figures are excellent, imho, as are the Diehard Minis (not) Norts. I think the blue works a lot better than the black too.
DeleteI must admit I hadn't really given them a closer scrutiny until you mentioned them here Simon and can now see exactly what you mean. They appear almost caught between two idea. Nice paint job on yours though.
ReplyDeleteCheers Michael. I can possibly see what Ernst Veingart was trying to achieve with the Beastmen's overall look. But sadly, I don't think it works with this pose at all.
DeleteThe pose on that Beastman makes him look like he's some sort of feral Morris Man, prancing about like a pillock. Still, he's off the paint table and you can store him away for when a game pops up appropriate for a prancing bestial whatever it is he's supposed to be. LOL
ReplyDeleteThe Blakes7 trio are coming along nicely too and those Krupps Corp are some seriously cool comicbook-stylized sculpts! Excited to see where you take their painting.
Thanks Dai. I do plan to get another quartet of the Beastmen at some point. But I'll be getting them individually rather than as a set, and this won't be one of the sculpts I'll be picking up. LOL!!
DeleteLots of wonderful sci-fi sculpts to come, and I'm slowly putting together my recent "Star Wars: Shatterpoint" figures too - what a pain to assemble they're proving to be though.