![]() |
| "...Was the head scientific authority of the Vulcan High Command." |
The "warp-capable humanoid species from the planet Vulcan" was initially undercoated in "Vallejo" Heavy Skintone, and had her boots 'picked out' with a little pure "Citadel" Abaddon Black. I then attempted to give the impression of the Ensign wearing dark-coloured tights by applying a wash of "Citadel" Nuln Oil to her legs.
![]() |
| "Modiphius Entertainment" WIPs - This "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" Ensign is almost finished |
To show the miniature came from Starfleet's science division I gave her uniform a good coat or two of "Vallejo" Deep Sky Blue, shaded it with "Citadel" Drakenhof Nightshade and later dry-brushed the dress with (more) "Vallejo" Deep Sky Blue. To be honest I wasn't all that impressed with the final result of this colour combination. But didn't really want to repaint the Vulcan with a red miniskirt as I felt the highly logical alien race probably wouldn't be part of the U.S.S. Enterprise's security division.
![]() |
| "Crooked Dice Game Design Studio" WIPs - Two Beastmen and a Deep Sea Diver Ghost |
Lastly, I've not forgotten the number of "Crooked Dice Game Design Studio" sculpts I have populating my hobby desk. As a result I have managed to 'pick away' at both the two remaining Beastmen I need to get finished, alongside their (not) "Scooby-Doo" Deep Sea Diver Ghost...



Hmm... the shading on the Vulcan lass is a little dark maybe and too much of a contrast with the lighter blue? But it sounds like you are done with dealing with painting her so ignore what I have to offer! :P I do like her though. :)
ReplyDeleteAway Team member is coming along nicely too. Almost makes me want to subscribe to Paramount + again to re-watch DS9, but my wife would kill me...
Thanks Dai. When I get around to doing another blue shirt I may well water down the shade to see how that works, and if I like it I might return to this one again for a repaint.
DeleteI was thoroughly enjoying watching the original series on Netflix (I think) before it was snatched away. I'm not paying for another channel though, so I'll stick to my DVDs.
You could just get the DS9 DVD’s or Blu-rays. Streaming is awful do not do it! Simon J
ReplyDeleteIndeed, Simon. I have a few DS9 DVDs as memory serves, and all the Original Series and Next Generation too. I'm not a fan of streaming services at all - having been badly burnt when the WWF channel went down and just a handful of classic events were left - luckily I still have most on old DVDs - which seem to go for a bomb these days.
DeleteThe Vulcan came out OK in the end mate, not top ten potential but that's okay as I will have plenty of choice anyway 😉.
ReplyDeleteNow that Diver ghost will have to be good to push out the astronaut 😄
Cheers Roger
Cheers Roger. The Vulcan is tabletop standard, and should look okay on the gaming mat. As I say above, I might return to her dress when I paint another science-based figure.
DeleteNo pressure on the Diver Ghost then, LOL!!!
Great looking miniatures! Really love the Vulcan!
ReplyDeleteThanks Michal. Not one of my favourite Star Trek minis. But she's finished as far as I'm concerned.
Delete