Unfortunately, this third Red Devil is proving even more frustrating to paint than the first, thanks to the model having some especially difficult areas to reach with a paintbrush. Worse, the equal mix of Umber Shade and Black Shade wash I used for their armour, has come out far darker on this soldier than it did on its two colleagues; so instead of pooling naturally, it has simply dried as it was applied and left plenty of splodgey brush stokes visible as a result. I've now applied a second coat of Heavy Grey to these problem areas in the hope that a further “Vallejo” wash will better settle.
This poor-looking armour has lead to me ordering a set of allied decals “1/144 - 1/160 Decals British Armour Divisions Europe 44-45 Tank 001” from the Ebay store “1/144 Direct”. Hopefully once I've applied an allied star and a couple of insignia to each model I'll have masked some of their painting deficiencies.
Once I've finished working on these “Red Devils” I plan to turn my attention to the five Blutkreuz Korps Untertoten Squad models that make up the “Axis Zombies” boxed set. I'd like to get these finished before any of my "Dreadball" or "Judge Dredd" Kickstarter models arrive.