|"...And I live in a hole."|
The tiny fellow was initially undercoated with "Citadel" Abaddon Black, before having his fur painted using a combination of "Vallejo" Dark Grey and "Citadel" Nuln Oil. I then 'picked out' all of the small mammal's long fingernails with a little "Vallejo" White, and washed them with plenty of "Citadel" Agrax Earthshade.
|"Crooked Dice Game Design Studio" WIPs - George Taylor, General Ursus and Cornelius|
For the mole's clothing I wanted to use something quite bright, so decided to apply "Vallejo" Heavy Blue on to its long-sleeved shirt and Heavy Red over its scarf. Both of these areas were subsequently dirtied up using a splash of "Citadel" Nuln Oil. However, I did later go back to the animal's top and lightly dry-brushed the sleeves with a little (more) "Vallejo" Heavy Blue in order to bring out a bit more of the sculpt's detail.
The cute creature's mining hat was simply given a layer of "Citadel" Ironbreaker and plenty of Nuln Oil. Whilst his strap was carefully traced with a thin line of "Vallejo" Heavy Sienna and "The Army Painter" Strong Tone Quickshade. Lastly, I used a smidgen of "Vallejo" White and "Citadel" Reikland Fleshshade to try and emulate the melting wax of the mole's candle, and gave the flame a quick(ish) lick of "Vallejo" Heavy Ochre, Heavy Orange and Heavy Red.
|Simian Minions WIPS - Zira, Ape armed with man-catcher, and Ape armed with baton|
Alongside my impulse paint-job I have also managed to complete the second of twelve dedicated painting sessions for my twenty-four hour 'Paint An Entire Project" Challenge using "Crooked Dice Game Design Studio" models. This time round I thought I'd focus on getting one of my Albion Rocket Corporation (ARC) astronauts nearly completed, as well as make some more progress on a packet Simian Minions.
I estimated that it would probably take me anywhere up to four sessions to get my "Planet Of The Apes" proxies for Taylor, Landon and Dodge finished, and I don't think I'm too far behind that schedule with the first of my cosmonauts close to completion. In addition, I've managed to make some fair in-roads into my project's other main characters, particularly General Ursus - whose stud-covered costume now simply needs a dark wash and tidy...