Thursday 15 November 2018

"This Prydian Precinct Was Governed By The Council Of Addans."

"The Addans were themselves all Marcher Barons..."
This trio of 15mm metal miniatures come from the "The Ion Age" Code IAF022 Muster First Patrol and are some of the last remaining models of an order I originally picked up at "Salute 2014". The soldiers are actually designed to be used with the company’s “Patrol Angis” rule-set, but I’ve based them together in order to form an infantry unit for a home-made set of rules loosely based within the early “Rogue Trader” era of the “Warhammer 40,000” Universe.

All three figures were resultantly primed with two layers of “Vallejo” Heavy Bluegrey and washed with “Citadel” Nuln Oil in order to try and duplicate the palette of the Imperial Guard way back when "Games Workshop" first released their '"hard plastic" boxed set in January 1989. I then applied some watered-down "Vallejo" Black to their body armour, shoulder-pads, boots and weapons, whilst 'picking out' their capbadges with a combination of Heavy Red and "Citadel" Carroburg Crimson.
Nox WIPs - The Shia Khan EMpire elite troops have been shaded and had their base layers painted
The troopers' bare hands were painted using some “Vallejo” Heavy Skintone and subsequently shaded with “Citadel” Reikland Fleshshade. I also applied a double coat of “Vallejo” Heavy Sienna to their backpacks and any waist-baggage before treating these areas to a healthy dose of "The Army Painter" Strong Tone Quickshade. Finally, I applied a base layer of “Citadel” Ironbreaker to their Moth Type 6 Rifles and heavily washed them in Nuln Oil so as to dull the metallic paint down somewhat.

Sticking with my quite considerable backlog of miniatures from "The Ion Age" range, I have managed to make some more progress on some of the numerous Nox figures I own. Despite being sculpted to represent the elite troops of the Shia Khan Empire in "Patrol Angis", I have been painting these demonic-looking warriors as if they were heavily-armed Bloodletters recently escaped from the Eye of Terror.
US Lunar Force Rocket Sled WIP - The metal model has had its underbelly primed and washed
I've a fair few of these models from Code AIAF001 to pigment "Vallejo" Heavy Red and then thoroughly immerse in "Citadel" Carroburg Crimson. However, I shouldn't get particularly demotivated by working on a horde of similarly-posed sculpts as I have since discovered that I also own some of the more recently released Nox figures armed with both Janus Blastguns and Jupiter Plasma Rifles, so I can always add some of these into my queue to mix my Khanate Army schedule up a bit...

Lastly, I've also been busy basing some of the models found within the US Lunar Marines Starter Force by "Ground Zero Games", such as a fantastic multi-piece US Lunar Force Rocket Sled. This vehicle actually comes with enough rear seating for an additional six astronauts and initially I had planned to purchase said space explorers from the Essex-based company at "Warfare" in Reading. Fortunately though, having rummaged through the starter set's cardboard again, I have discovered that I already own enough of the "Moongrunt" travellers to fill my flyer to capacity.

16 comments:

  1. looking good. Looking real good

    ReplyDelete
  2. The First Patrol troops looks great. The Khanate Elite is coming along great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon. I’m having a lot of fun with all these 15mm minis currently.

      Delete
  3. Great work Simon, all progressing very well. Most interested to see a finished Moongrunt vehicle as you've teased us with several now at this stage of the painting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. I should have the first of the “Moongrunt” Buggies posted up within the next few days - plus I haven’t started showing off the Chinese or Russian forces yet ;-)

      Delete
  4. Good to see the rapid progress you're making with these - after only 4 year!
    The devil warriors are an interesting sculpt , looking very evil, which I guess they're meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Joe. Four years is good for me LOL!! The Nox are wonderfully characterful imho, and should look well mean on the tabletop once I’ve finished a few bases of them.

      Delete
  5. Great stuff. 15mm out of the loft, just need to drop it off or package it up for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. Happy to PayPal you postage if you want?

      Delete
  6. All coming along rather nicely Simon, even if there isn't a moustache in sight!! ;-)

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Roger. I’m afraid I needed reminding about Mo’Vember this year, so forgot until after I’d committed to 15mm “Moongrunt” [blush].

      Delete
  7. More excellent additions mate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definite get the RT vibe from your IG. Good stuff Simon.

    ReplyDelete