Sunday 22 August 2021

“Delta Beta Two At Six.”

“Delta gamma three at five.”

This 28mm scale metal miniature of an alien invader is produced by “Tangent Miniatures” as code TN19 The Enemy from their Space Warriors range, and consists of a single cast figure. The model makes an excellent proxy for a Kodan from Nick Castle’s 1984 American space opera film “The Last Starfighter”.

As a result the figure was primed using a double-helping of “Vallejo” Heavy Red, shaded using some “Citadel” Carroburg Crimson and dry-brushed with (more) “Vallejo” Heavy Red. I then picked out the aggressive extra-terrestrial’s visor and belt buckle with a combination of “Vallejo” Gunmetal and “Citadel” Nuln Oil.

"Catalyst Game Labs" WIPs - A Stormcrow, Griffin and Wolverine

Finally, I applied a little “Vallejo” Heavy Sienna to the alien’s lower face, and later gave this area a splash of “Citadel” Agrax Earthshade mixed in with some Strong Tone Quickshade by “The Army Painter”. I did consider using this colour combination on the model’s bare hands on, as per Lewis Galoob Toys’ abandoned action figure range based upon the aforementioned movie. However, the ‘official’ costume photographs and picture stills clearly have the soldiers wearing red gloves, so I stuck with that notion for this initial test piece.

In addition to my “Tangent Miniatures” sculpt I have also continued to make some progress on a handful more “Battletech” 1:285 scale plastic models by “Catalyst Game Labs” for my Weird War Two project. I have been recently focusing on three mechs suitable to represent the forces of Germany, Italy and Japan on the battlefield, but have since added a fourth formidably-armed machine to bolster my Soviet forces too.

"Battlefront Miniatures" WIPs - A German Machine-gunner and his Loader

The Stormcrow, Griffin, Mongrel and recently started Wolverine are all at different stages in their respective paint-jobs, but most are now in the position of having their metallic areas, such as weapons, exhaust ports and the odd joint, getting picked out. I’ve also decided to add some green to my Japanese Mitsubishi-class Medium war walker to help break-up its predominantly yellow palette.

Lastly, I’m just finishing off the last couple of figures for a MG34 and K98 Rifle Team for “Flames Of War”. These 15mm plastic Germans, produced by “Battlefront Miniatures”, consist of a Machine-gunner and his Loader, and will complete the first of six four-man stands I require to field a full German Panzergrenadier Platoon alongside my already painted Company Headquarters, Unit Leader MG42 Team and Panzerschreck Anti-tank Team…

No comments:

Post a Comment