Wednesday 26 January 2022

“Meet Morrigun…”

“…The seventh warrior.”

This 28mm scale metal model of Morrigun was produced by “Wargames Foundry” and could be bought as code AD13 from their now long out of production (OOP) “2000 A.D.” range. Happily, the Nottingham-based manufacturer gave some advanced notice as to this particular line’s demise, so I managed to purchase the figure just before the sculpt was withdrawn from sale.

“The only female robot member the A.B.C. [Atomic, Bacterial and Chemical] Warriors have ever had ", the waitress on Hekate was undercoated using Grey Surface Primer by "Vallejo", before being layered with "Scalecolor" Blue Alchemy, shaded in Drakenhof Nightshade, and dry-brushed with (more) "Scalecolor" Blue Alchemy. I then picked out all of the automaton's armour and dreadlock-styled hair with "Citadel" Abaddon Black.

"Mongoose Publishing" WIPs - Blackblood is slowly having his details 'picked out'

Morrigun’s formidable looking hand-weapon was predominantly pigmented with “Vallejo” Gunmetal and “Citadel” Nuln Oil. However, the axe-headed flail’s handle was treated to a combination of “Vallejo” Heavy Sienna and some “Citadel” Agrax Earthshade. I also applied some “Vallejo” Heavy Red and “Citadel” Carroburg Crimson to the female android’s disappointingly misaligned lips.

Sticking with the comic book “2000 A.D.” and its A.B.C. Warriors, but moving across to a model originally produced by “Mongoose Publishing”, I have started work on a miniature of General Blackblood. This “most feared of the Volgans' war robots” was actually painted predominantly metallic green in his ‘official’ colour scheme. However, having recently used "Scalecolor" Emerald Alchemy on my Ro-Jaws figure, I decided to adopt the metallic silver palette used when artist Bryan Talbot was pencilling the character within the pages of “Nemesis The Warlock: Book Four”.

"Warlord Games" WIPs - This Royalist Pikeman has been glued upon a "Citadel" 25mm circular base

In addition, over the next week or so I aim to complete the first four 28mm plastic Pikemen by “Warlord Games” I’ve bought for my slow-burning English Civil War (ECW) project. Despite sticking to my initial plan of just painting a handful of models a month, I have changed my idea to simply stick each quartet of figures on to a single square base.

Instead, I’ve glued them upon “Citadel” 28mm circular stands with the intention of forming them up in blocks of ten using some MDF movement trays by “Warbases”. This system should help me with both the storage and transport of the soldiers, as well as allow me to use some of them for skirmish games (such as Smooth & Rifled by “Dadi & Piombo”)…

No comments:

Post a Comment