Wednesday 17 August 2022

"Adorning The Leafy Walkways Of Luna City..."

"...Are these ancient carvings."

This 28mm metal miniature of a Lion Statue is produced by "Crooked Dice Game Design Studio" and was a free stretch goal unlocked during their successful Pirates of Luna City Kickstarter. As I wanted to use Andrew May's sculpt as an objective marker I super-glued it to the usual thin-lipped 40mm plastic circular bases I use.

The model was initially primed with two layers of “Vallejo" Heavy Bluegrey, before being shaded in "Citadel" Nuln Oil. It was then heavily dry-brushed with (more) "Vallejo" Heavy Bluegrey, sporadically shaded with "Citadel" Agrax Earthshade, and finally dry-brushed with (even more) "Vallejo" Heavy Bluegrey. As a last touch I picked out its eyes using a combination of "Vallejo" Heavy Violet and "Citadel" Druchii Violet.

"Shortly after the Interex campaign the Luna Wolves became the Sons of Horus."

In addition to my second "MacGuffin", I have also completed work on another 28mm plastic Space Marine by "Games Workshop". This multi-part figure wearing MK III power armour was assembled from pieces taken from the now OOP (Out Of Production) Burning Of Prospero boxed game, and is one of ten figures I plan to field as my first Sons of Horus Tactical Squad for the Horus Heresy.

The figure was originally undercoated with "Citadel" Sons Of Horus Green, before being heavily washed with Nuln Oil, and dry-brushed with (more) Sons Of Horus Green. I then applied some "Citadel" Abaddon Black to both his shoulder-pads, as well parts of his backpack and Bolter. The model's power tubes and firearm were subsequently treated to a combination of "Vallejo" Gunmetal and "Citadel" Nuln Oil. Whilst I 'picked out' all the ridges on his shoulder-pads and helmet's brow with a little "Vallejo" Gold.

"Crooked Dice Game Design Studio" WIPs - Three Killbots primed in "Vallejo" Heavy Grey

These areas were later given a splash of "Citadel" Agrax Earthshade and highlighted with some additional touches of "Vallejo" Gold on the sharpest edges and rivets. To round off the miniature I later applied some "Scalecolor" Speed Metal to the Space Marines's eye slits, and then a single layer of the "Citadel" Contrast colour Flesh Tearers Red. I also applied one of the many decals found on the "Games Workshop" Sons of Horus Legion transfer sheet onto the space marine's right shoulder-pad.

Finally, having been (financially) inspired by the very recent "Crooked Dice Game Design Studio" Corporate Wars Kickstarter, I have based and primed three of the company's Killbots to use as a futuristic automaton peacekeeping force by the American military. These should hopefully fit in very well with the Interpol Troopers and Slick Gang which I have pledged for, and give me a bit of 'leg-up' to get the old East Riding sculpts onto the tabletop once my miniatures arrive in October 2022...

No comments:

Post a Comment