Wednesday 12 October 2022

"I Saw The Boogeyman! I Saw Him!"

“He's gone! He's gone from here! The evil is gone!”

This 40mm resin model of Michael Myers was sculpted by Nikola Stankovic and 3D printed by "Encounter Terrain". The miniature is clearly based upon the primary antagonist in the "Halloween" film franchise created by John Carpenter, and not only stands in the mass murderer's signature knife-wielding stance. But also wears the evil killer's infamous William Shatner face mask.

The figure was initially undercoated with two layers of "Vallejo" Heavy Blue and absolutely drenched in "Citadel" Agrax Earthshade. He was then given the faintest of dry-brushes using (more) "Vallejo" Heavy Blue so as to try and keep the majority of its shading's grimy streaks intact. The homicidal maniac's shoes were simply 'picked out' with a little "Citadel" Abaddon Black.

"Crooked Dice Game Design Studio" WIPs - This Spybot has been base-coated and 'rusted up'

I next applied a combination of "Vallejo" Gunmetal and "Citadel" Nuln Oil to the chef's knife. and later dry-brushed the hand-weapon's edges with (more) "Vallejo" Gunmetal so as to help them stand out. Michael's mask was pigmented using "Vallejo" White and Pale Grey. Whilst his hair was given a coat of "Vallejo" Sienna and a generous helping of "Citadel" Agrax Earthshade.

Alongside my latest Zomtober Challenge entry, I have been working away on several miniatures for this month's other painting event - Dave Stone's Apocalypse Me. Having recently completed a band of skull-faced Killbots by "Crooked Dice Game Design Studio", I thought I would add to this post-apocalyptic American military contingent with some of the company's Matrix-inspired Spybots.

"North Star Military Figures" WIPs - This post-apocalyptic motorcyclist has been primed and dry-brushed

Originally, I had planned to paint just the domes of the five-robot strong squad in "Vallejo" Heavy Grey and do their tentacles, pincers and radar in bare metal. However, having tried this palette out on a test piece, I'm starting to favour doing the entire automaton in the fading, rusty green colour scheme instead.

Finally, having visited a couple of Toy Shows over the past few weeks I have found myself slightly swamped with all sorts of mad-looking "Hot Wheels" vehicles for my other Apocalypse Me inspired project - The Juice Cup. As a result I have purchased some additional Implements of Carnage plastic sprues by "North Star Military Figures" in order to 'arm them up'. Alongside the vast array of weapons, armour plating and riders, you also get some of their plastic motorcyclists for Gaslands, so I thought I had best paint at least one up to see how they take a brush-tip...

No comments:

Post a Comment