Monday 10 October 2022

"Take The Patrol Across."

"Promises to aliens have no validity."

This 40mm resin model of a Cyberman was sculpted by Nikola Stankovic and 3D printed by "Encounter Terrain". The miniature is seemingly based upon Eric Saward's incarnation of the cyborgs as depicted in his March 1982 "Doctor Who" story "Earthshock", and even carries the correct Cyber weapon.

The figure was initially primed with a combination of "Vallejo" Surface Primer Black and "Citadel" Abaddon Black. It was then treated to a couple of coats of "Vallejo" Gunmetal. before being heavily drenched in "Citadel" Nuln Oil. Later, I picked out the metal monster's side-handles (so as to denote him as a Cyber-Leader) and chest-plate with a little "Citadel" Abaddon Black.

"Encounter Terrain" WIPs - Ash Williams, a Sea Devil and the Wolfman

Due to wanting the Cyberman's hand-weapon to appear as if it was glowing with energy, I applied a combination of "Scalecolor" Speed Metal and "Citadel" Flesh Tearers Red to the firearm's power cylinder. The Speed Metal was rather thin so as planned didn't properly cover the area with an even coat, and the rather 'gloopy' nature of the Contrast paint meant I could pull the slowly drying Flesh Tearers Red around with my brush-tip so as to make some parts dark and others light.

Along with four more of Nikola's Cybermen, I have also had "Encounter Terrain" print me off some of the talented sculptor's other figures especially for this month's Zomtober painting challenge. As before, all of the STL (Standard Triangle Language) files are actually 100mm tall, so the company have done a first-rate job in shrinking them down to a more manageable 40mm size. I can't fault both their communications and service.

"Encounter Terrain" WIPs - Jason Voorhees, a Sea Devil, Michael Myers and Frankenstein's Monster

Ultimately, I aim to have some of these 'horror flick' characters join my Time Travellers aboard the TARDIS, whilst others are destined to be used as adversaries. To that end I thought it'd be fun to pigment Ash Williams of "Evil Dead" fame and Frankenstein's Monster as some allies of the Doctor. Whilst the likes of the Wolfman, Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers would make for some unusual foes. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing Leela and Ace tackle the cult-classic slasher villains on the tabletop.

In addition, I've had five Sea Devils made too so I can field the "Aquatic Silurians" as typical Doctor Who opposition. Nikola's rendition of the "Reptilia Sapiens" is absolutely spot-on and will be painted in pretty much the same palette as I've previously used for my metal figures by "Warlord Games" - albeit I have decided to use "Citadel" Sons of Horus Green on one fellow's gauze-like dress to help distinguish him as the group's commander...

No comments:

Post a Comment