Friday 7 October 2022

"Whatever Ammo They're Using, I've Never Seen It Before!"

"Tattoos, scars, any other identifying marks?"

These two 28mm scale "white metal" Slick Gang members are manufactured by "Crooked Dice Game Design Studio", and were bought as part of my Three Set pledge from their recent "Corporate Wars" Kickstarter. Part of a seven-man strong, trench-coat wearing crew, the models were sculpted by the late Jim Bowen and previously sold by the now sadly defunct "East Ridings Miniatures".

Each miniature comes with a fairly hefty integral stand, so before I could apply two coats of “Vallejo” German Grey to them, these areas were cut away with a pair of pliers and the figures super-glued onto 25mm circular plastic bases. The pair were then shaded with "Citadel" Nuln Oil, and enthusiastically dry-brushed with (more) "Vallejo" German Grey.

“So I fight for a Father who I never loved, against a brother that I did."

The near future mobsters' firearms were given a layer of "Citadel" Ababbon Black, and had their barrels, as well as their shades, 'picked out' with a combination of "Vallejo" Gunmetal and "Citadel" Nuln Oil. Finally, the Slicks' various jacket buttons were treated to some "Vallejo" Brass, a splash of "Citadel" Agrax Earthshade, and a highlight of (more) "Vallejo" Brass.

Along with the latest of my "Corporate Wars" miniatures completed, I have also finished another 28mm plastic Space Marines by "Games Workshop". The MK III armoured Sons of Horus comes from the now sadly OOP (Out Of Production) Burning Of Prospero boxed game and is the ninth of ten figures I require to field my first traitor Tactical Squad for the Horus Heresy. Like all my other members of the Warmaster's Legion, the figure was undercoated with "Citadel" Sons Of Horus Green, washed with Nuln Oil, and dry-brushed with (more) Sons Of Horus Green.

"Encounter Terrain" WIPs - This Cyberman has been primed, layered, shaded and dry-brushed

I then applied some "Citadel" Abaddon Black to his shoulder-pads, as well parts of the space marine's backpack and Bolters. All of the model's power tubes and firearm were subsequently treated to an amalgamation of "Vallejo" Gunmetal and "Citadel" Nuln Oil. Lastly, I 'picked out' all the ridges on the shoulder-pads and helmet with a layer of "Vallejo" Gold, splashed them with "Citadel" Agrax Earthshade and highlighted the sharpest edges and rivets using (more) "Vallejo" Gold on the sharpest edges and rivets.

With this year's Zomtober already a week old, I also thought it was about time I cracked on with the first of five 40mm Cybermen models I recently had 3D printed by "Encounter Terrain" specifically for the challenge. Sculpted by Nikola Stankovic these zombie-like automatons are apparently based upon the alien invaders seen in the 1982 "Doctor Who" story "Earthshock", so are being pigmented accordingly...

No comments:

Post a Comment