Monday 27 February 2023

"The Beginning Of A War Between Man And Machines."

"Three billion lives would vanish in an instant."

These four 32mm scale E-800 Exterminators are produced by "Papsikels Miniatures" and were downloaded for free as part of a set of STL (Standard Triangle Language) files from their "Patreon" The Exterminator December 2022 subscription service, The miniatures were produced using "Elegoo" Water Washable Resin on a Mars 3 Pro 3D Printer and are clearly based upon James Cameron and Gale Anne Hurd's science-fiction "Terminator" franchise.

The two heavily damaged, crawling figures are actually both Model L, with one of them simply being 'mirrored' using "Chitubox" Basic. As with all my E-800 Exterminators, I have been using the sculpts to try out some of Duncan Rhodes' Two Thin Coats paint range, so like the others I've previously pigmented, they were all primed with some "Citadel" Abaddon Black, and subsequently treated to two layers of Sir Coates Silver and a hearty dousing in Oblivion Black Wash.

"Judgment Day."

"Skynet's most famous products" were then carefully dry-brushed with (more) Sir Coates Silver and had their eyes picked out with a spot of Demon Red and a dab of "Citadel" Carroburg Crimson. Lastly, due to wanting their metallic hand-weapons to somewhat stand out from the rest of the E-800 Exterminators shiny surfaces, I applied a second shade of Oblivion Black Wash over all the firearms.

"Papsikels Miniatures" The Exterminator release is rather extensive, so in order to break up the long line of android assassins I'm still working on, I've turned my attention to some of the company's other STLs I've been sent - primarily focusing upon some treaded probes. Foremost of these to catch my eye is a Papz Industries UOD Explorer from their current Star Entrance release, which looks ideal for investigating the sort of extra-terrestrial portal seen in Roland Emmerich's 1994 science fiction adventure film "Stargate".

"Papsikels Miniatures" WIPs - Papz Industries UOD Explorer and Papz Industries Daloy 9 - Sentry Drones

Likewise, I've 3D printed and based a couple of Papz Industries Daloy 9 - Sentry Drones, which struck me as being inspired by the UA 571-C Automated Sentry Guns from James Cameron's "Aliens" motion picture. All three of these mobile support units have initially been primed in "Vallejo" Heavy Grey to help tie them into the colour scheme I have in mind for some future members of the United States Colonial Marine Corps.

Finally, I have also managed to make a little more progress on the manufacturer's Zelucerean Tamer, Cyber Death and Cyborg Ender Type 5432-0 figures. It's still very much early days on this trio, as I've simply applied some basic shades, base layers and dry-brushes to the miniatures. But with the exception of the flame-headed, chainsaw-wielding Cyberpunk combatant, I hope the other two models will prove pretty straightforward to complete...

No comments:

Post a Comment