Saturday 25 February 2023

"The Future Has Not Been Written."

"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."

These three 32mm scale E-800 Exterminators are produced by "Papsikels Miniatures" and were downloaded for free as part of a set of STL (Standard Triangle Language) files from their "Patreon" The Exterminator December 2022 subscription service, The miniatures were produced using "Elegoo" Water Washable Resin on a Mars 3 Pro 3D Printer and are clearly based upon James Cameron and Gale Anne Hurd's science-fiction "Terminator" franchise.

Two of the figures are actually Model F, with one of them simply being 'mirrored' using "Chitubox" Basic. The third sculpt with a slightly larger head is Model E, and presumably represents a slightly different incarnation of the basic (not) Skynet bipedal killing machine. I thought the trio would be a good subject with which to try out some more of Duncan Rhodes' Two Thin Coats paint range, so having primed them with some "Citadel" Abaddon Black, I gave each android assassin a double-helping of Sir Coates Silver and a generous splash of Oblivion Black Wash.

"Papsikels Minaitures" WIPs - Colonist Marine Cyborg Hero E-900 Exterminator

The robot endoskeletons were then carefully dry-brushed with (more) Sir Coates Silver and had their eyes picked out with a spot of Demon Red and a dab of "Citadel" Carroburg Crimson. Finally, due to wanting their metallic hand-weapons to stand out a little bit from the rest of the E-800 Exterminators, I applied a second shade of Oblivion Black Wash to all the firearms.

Alongside my latest submission to the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge (AHPC) I have been working on some of the other models by "Papsikels Miniatures" I've recently produced with my Mars 3 Pro 3D printer. One of them is the excellent-looking Colonist Marine Old Cyborg Hero, a battered E-900 Exterminator who I aim to use as a bodyguard which my "X-Crawl" participants can hire to protect them throughout their dungeon-based adventures.

"Papsikels Miniatures" WIPs - A Cyborg Ender Type 5432-0, an Omega Zelucerean Tamer and Cyber Death

I've also decided to add to my collection of the company's Omegas by priming their large Zelucerean Tamer. The actual STL file comes with a subdued adult Xenomorph, which the (not) Engineer is apparently overpowering into a semi-sitting position with a single empty hand. As I might use the figure as both an "X-Crawl" contestant and/or wandering encounter, I've decided to just use the model on its own.

Finally, I've started getting some "Vallejo" Prime colours on a pair of Cyberpunk miniatures. This range is a little less consistent in size as the manufacturer's 32mm science-fiction series, as some of the figures are only 28mm in scale. However, their Cyber Death and Cyborg Ender Type 5432-0 match up very well size-wise with the E-800 Exterminators I've painted. In addition, I still plan to pigment a number of their slightly smaller sculpts in the near future, as the mechanically-enhanced denizens just smack of "Shadowrun"...

No comments:

Post a Comment