| "Hold your breath, and don't move a muscle!" |
Able to leave "glowing footprints and fingerprints that dissipate after an undetermined time", the model was primed using "Vallejo" Steel Grey and heavily shaded with plenty of "Citadel" Nuln Oil. It was then enthusiastically dry-brushed using some (more) "Vallejo" Steel Grey, before having its elbow/knee joints, as well as its belt carefully 'picked out' with a little "Citadel" Abaddon Black.
![]() |
| "Modiphius Entertainment" WIPs - This Vulcan scientist is almost tabletop ready |
This approach certainly gave Henry Bascomb's disguise a nice, gory head, especially when I subsequently highlighted it with a little additional "Two Thin Coats" White Star rather than use the colour of the foiled criminal's space-suit as seen in the television show. Perhaps unsurprisingly, I thought this 'change' made the head look a bit too stark in comparison to the rest of the body, so I blended it in a bit with a touch of "Citadel" Carroburg Crimson.
![]() |
| "Modiphius Entertainment" WIPs - A trio of "The Next Generation" ensigns partially painted |
In addition, I've turned my eyes to working on an Away Team for the U.S.S. Enterprise-D's timeline, even discovering a Tellarite crewman amongst my previously assembled backlog. Hopefully, due to the lack of colour on their Starfleet uniforms, these miniatures will prove a lot faster to get tabletop ready, and help me successfully achieve my random drawer challenge for this month with a few days to spare...


Three great looking figures, Simon!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Ray.
DeleteThat Astronaut looks perfect Simon! Kinda getting a Dr Who vibe off him too.
ReplyDeleteVulcan girl's tights effect looks just fine from here. She might need to pluck those heavy brows a little though, I'm not so sure they are Federation Regulation? ;)
Cheers Dai. I agree. Definitely a bit of a "Hey. Who turned out the lights" feel to the Spooky Space Kook.
DeleteI think the double "Citadel" Nuln Oil wash does work, Dai. But only when the model is viewed from a bit of a distance - such as in the pictures or when she is on the tabletop. Which arguably is all that actually matters in the long run.
I don't like a lot of the sculpting on these Star Trek miniatures tbh - the cursing I've done whilst struggling with their Sulu and his second ring of insignia on just one of his cuffs being a good example of that. This Vulcan's eyebrows is another bothersome example though, with their detail being far too exaggerated for my liking. I might try to tone them down a bit. But its hard not to paint the entire rectangle which has been sculpted above her eyes.
Undead Astronaut!!! Omg! Fantastic model and great painting.
ReplyDeleteThanks Michal. High praise indeed from a painter of your exceptional calibre. Much appreciated.
DeleteI think that might be favourite of the 'not' Scooby ghosts so far, such a great sculpts. Fabulous job Simon.
ReplyDeleteCheers Michael. I was actually hoping that Crooked Dice would do more. But have just discovered that Big Mr. Tong is working on more of them as STLs so I'll doubtless 3d print them once they're released.
DeleteGreat work on your ghost Simon, and your Trek crew are progressing well.
ReplyDeleteThanks Dave. I'm finding the Star Trek crew a bit bothersome tbh. But hope to get a few more finished before the month ends - if the heat allows.
DeleteThat spooky astronaut is brilliant mate, looks exactly as I remember him. I might have to pick one of him up at some point.
ReplyDeleteYour Star Trek stuff is really nice too, her legs look OK to me. 😀
Cheers Roger
Cheers Roger. I'm really pleased with how the Undead Astronaut turned out overall. The Vulcan scientist is now finished and should be posted up next week - if the heat allows. LOL!!
Delete