 |
| "You served a full tour with Space Commander Travis, didn't you?" |
This 28mm scale lead free pewter model of FedSec Star Commander (female) is manufactured by "Beast In The Broch" and can be brought either individually as SKU: FED17 or as part of the five-figure FedSec Command 2 set SKU: PAK08. Digitally sculpted by Carl Stoelzel, I've painted the miniature up to (somewhat) resemble Major Thania as played by actress Victoria Fairbrother in the 1979 television episode of "Blake's Seven" entitled "Trial".
Appointed as Travis’ "defence attorney during his trial", the Federation officer was primed using a couple of coats of "Citadel" Abaddon Black, heavily dry-brushed with "Vallejo" Heavy Charcoal, and shaded using plenty of "Citadel" Nuln Oil. I then picked out her uniform's rank insignia, as well as a few of the items found upon her utility belt, using a combination of "Vallejo" Gunmetal and (more) "Citadel" Nuln Oil.
 |
| "Most of them lead primitive lives..." |
Sticking with the colour scheme I used for recently for my FedSec Base Commander's hand-weapon, I applied a basecoat of "Scale 75" Decayed Metal all over Thania's standard issue carbine and subsequently washed it with "Citadel" Agrax Earthshade. Lastly, as I wanted the woman's hair to resemble that seen on the small screen, I gave it a lick of "Vallejo" Heavy Sienna and later darkened it down with two helpings of "Citadel" Nuln Oil. In addition, as I wanted this area to retain its slightly 'slick' look, I refrained from dry-brushing it with any more "Vallejo" Heavy Sienna - even though there was enough detail on the model to be highlighted.
Alongside this latest addition to my growing "Blake's Seven" collection, I have also pigmented another 28mm scale white metal model produced by “Crooked Dice Game Design Studio”. This miniature can either be bought as Beastman 3B, or as part of their DEAL 397 Beastman 3 four-figure set. Sculpted by Ernst Veingart, this is by far my favourite pose of the bunch, and was undercoated using a couple of layers of "Vallejo" Heavy Sienna.
 |
| "...Untouched by the light of modern civilization." |
The spikey-haired brute was then splashed with plenty of "Citadel" Agrax Earthshade, before I slapped his loincloth with "Vallejo" Heavy Brown and (more) "Citadel" Agrax Earthshade. As with all my previous Beastmen I did momentarily consider dry-brushing the figure's animal fur with a bit more "Vallejo" Heavy Brown to brighten it up a bit. However, as I wanted to use all of these models as cave-dwelling savages for "The Silver Bayonet" by "Osprey Games" (using the Cultist or maybe Ghoul rules), I felt they should all be suitably dirty.
Finally, I used some "Citadel" Rakarth Flesh and Agrax Earthshade on the chap's murderous-looking animal bone, dry-brushed it with a bit more Rakarth Flesh, and lastly added a smidgeon of "Vallejo" Dead White to it. I also carefully traced a little "Vallejo" Gunmetal along the metal ring sticking out from the cudgel's bottom, as well as across the highly ornate belt he was wearing, and darkened these areas down with a splash of "Citadel" Nuln Oil...
No comments:
Post a Comment