Monday, 31 August 2026

"The Albians Have Always Known The Penalty For Insurrection."

"Now they must pay the cost."

This 28mm scale lead free pewter model of FedSec Star Commander (male) is produced by "Beast In The Broch" and can be brought either individually as SKU: FED16 or as part of the five-figure FedSec Command 2 set SKU: PAK08. Digitally sculpted by Carl Stoelzel, I've painted the miniature up to ever so slightly resemble Federation Space Major Provine as played by actor Paul Shelley in the 1979 television episode of "Blake's Seven" entitled "Countdown".

"In charge of the personnel on Albian", the officer was primed using plenty of "Citadel" Abaddon Black, heavily dry-brushed with "Vallejo" Heavy Charcoal, and doused in "Citadel" Nuln Oil. I then picked out his uniform's rank insignia, as well as a few of the items found upon his utility belt and one thigh, using a combination of "Vallejo" Gunmetal and (more) "Citadel" Nuln Oil.

"Diehard Miniatures" WIPs - The Krupps Corp Troopers will be painted up as (not) Norts
Sticking with the 'new' colour scheme I recently employed for my other two FedSec Commander's hand-weapon, I subsequently gave Provine's standard issue carbine a lick of "Scale 75" Decayed Metal and shaded it with "Citadel" Agrax Earthshade. As a final touch I also gave the man's hair a coat of "Vallejo" Heavy Sienna, washed it with "Citadel" Agrax Earthshade, and later dry-brushed it with a bit more "Vallejo" Heavy Sienna.

With my FedSec Command 2 set now completed, I have turned my attention to working on a trio of Krupps Corp unit blister models I bought from "Diehard Miniatures" whilst at this year's "Salute". I've been busy looking at various pieces of coloured artwork depicting the Norts from the "Rogue Trooper" comic book series in "2000 A.D." as a palette guide - as that's what I intend to use them as, and decided to go with the somewhat blue-uniformed citizens of the Greater Nordland seen in artist Dave Gibbons' classic "Rogue Trooper: Total War" splash page.

"Warlord Games" WIPs - This Sturmriese Axis Walker piece just needs a few washes and dry-brushes

In the long term I'm planning on fielding a ten-man group of (not) Norts for my battles upon Nu-Earth, so will need to pick up a few more copies of Tim Prow's Klutner Krupps Trooper to bulk it out. But for now I'm going to largely focus upon the Vulf Krupps Trooper - as despite not having a black domed helmet, I think the sculpt will make a good proxy for the deadly elite Nort marksman Morgen. This figure will also help me work out which paints I should use for all of the soldiers' notable details such as eye lenses, breathing tubes, oxygen tank and uniform insignia.

Lastly, I've been busy working on the uppermost dome of my first entry into Dave Stone's Season of Scenery over on his "Wargames Terrain Workshop" blog. This enormous 3D printed part from the "Warlord Games" Sturmriese Axis Walker was actually designed to be used with the Nottingham-based manufacturer's "tabletop wargame of heroes, horrors, monsters, and mechs" - "Konlikt '47". But instead I'm aiming on using it as an energy pylon for some games of Matt Forbeck's Marvel Multiverse Role-Playing Game...

No comments:

Post a Comment