Sunday 7 November 2021

"Take Your Stinking Hands Off Me…”

“…You damn dirty human!”

This 28mm scale white metal model of a 'savage Simian Minion straight from the lab' is produced by “Crooked Dice Game Design Studio” and can be bought either separately or as part of their Simian Minions four-figure collection. The figure is designed to be used with the company's "7TV" United Radionics Programme Guide, but I intend to field it as one of many gorillas for my ongoing project based upon Franklin J. Schaffner's 1968 science fiction film "Planet Of The Apes".

Having super-glued a Leader Simian head onto the torso so it could denote the soldier was an officer of some kind, the miniature was initially primed with two coats of "Citadel" Abaddon Black, before being enthusiastically dry-brushed in Vallejo" Heavy Charcoal. It was then drenched in "Citadel" Nuln Oil, before having its trousers and sleeves pigmented using a combination of "Vallejo" Heavy Violet and "Citadel" Druchii Violet.

"Crooked Dice Game Design Studio" WIPs - Three Simian Minions

The Ape with Baton's face, ammunition belt, rifle and strap were treated to a layer of "Vallejo" Heavy Sienna", whilst the soldier's wooden stick was painted using some Charred Brown. All of these areas were later shaded using "The Army Painter" Strong Tone Quickshade. Finally, I 'picked out' the metallic parts of the gorilla's firearm with a little "Citadel" Ironbreaker and Nuln Oil.

Other bloggers taking part in Movember 2021 are:

Rantings From Under The Wargames Table

PMPainting

Wargames Terrain Workshop

With the first of my Simian Minions completed for this year’s Movember Challenge, I thought I’d try to progress a few more of them for my next entry. Two of these miniatures utilise the self-same Ape with Baton body as used with my Gorilla officer, but I’ve also added a third model to the mix which carries a man-catching noose.

"Mongoose Publishing" WIPs - A Gorilla Gangster, a Jimp and Walter the Wobot

In addition, I have been working on a few more of my old metal figures from the 2012 “Judge Dredd Miniatures Game: Block War” Kickstarter by “Mongoose Publishing”, as I still need quite a few more criminals (and the odd non-combatant) to stop my games simply being a Justice Department verses Undead affair. Foremost of these, and with half an eye upon my Movember Challenge, is a Gorilla Gangster, who may well enthuse me enough to actually work my way through the Apes Of Mega-City One boxed set.

However, I have also dug out a rather emaciated looking Jimp and Judge Dredd’s house robot, Walter. I’ve actually got quite a bit of clean-up work to do on the former Grand Hall Of Justice robo-servant as having permanently attached his individual hand-claws in place, the super-glue would appear to have made something of a mess down the figure’s left-hand side…

No comments:

Post a Comment