Saturday 4 June 2022

(Lead) Mountain Musings - "Forgotten Heroes" June 2022

Howling Commandos Of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Three previously 'kit-bashed' Forgotten Heroes 
This month's endeavour to shrink my somewhat overwhelming plastic backlog will be strongly influenced by the annual “Forgotten Heroes” challenge over on the “Carrion Crow’s Buffet” website. In the past I’ve attempted a number of different projects ranging from simple paint-jobs through to the odd “Heroclix” kit-bash. However, on this occasion I thought I’d actually sculpt my painting subjects myself, and base the figures upon three comic book characters which I actually created for the “Time’s Rambler” graphic novel series.

Admittedly, I’ve relied upon the excellent “online character design application” “Hero Forge” to help me make the Rambler, Beekman and the despicable Van Dijk recognisable likeliness’s of their printed page counterparts. But everything else about the 3D printed hard plastic models stems from my time travellers’ digitally-drawn escapades, right down to a nautical telescope, a pick-axe and a cluster of uranium crystals.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger."

In addition, I plan to finally finish a number of miniatures which have been sat ‘forgotten’ on my hobby table for well over a year, and have already completed a 28mm scale metal model of a wizard sat atop a dice which used to be produced by “Lucid Eye Publications”. This particular magic-user was given to me as a free gift with one of my orders, and is one of five identical figures I have slowly been progressing to help populate my fantasy-flavoured tabletop with some suitable statue/objective markers.

The long-bearded conjurer was initially super-glued upon a 28mm “Games Workshop” circular base, and then permanently attached to one of the 40mm thin-lipped circular bases I use for all my objective markers. The model was primed using an initial coat of "Vallejo" Heavy Sienna, before being layered in a double-helping of Bronze and enthusiastically drenched in “Citadel” Agrax Earthshade.

May 2022 - A number of "7TV" figures have pushed "Crooked Dice Game Design Studio" into the Top Five

My ‘freebie’ was next dry-brushed with (more) “Vallejo” Bronze, and subsequently given an application of “Citadel” Nihilakh Oxide in both its numerous joints and ridges, as well as its dice’s pips. Finally the entire miniature was treated to another (lighter) dry-brush of “Vallejo” Bronze in an attempt to tie the entire paint-job together.

Happily, this past month’s productivity has definitely seen an upturn for the better, predominantly due to the number of large-sized creatures by “Crooked Dice Game Design Studio” I managed to complete for the Monster May(hem) challenge. I still have one final Titan to complete as part of this four-week long event, and may well continue to add to my growing collection of “7TV” figures now I’ve dipped my toe back into the second edition of the “cinematic style skirmish” rule-set.

No comments:

Post a Comment