Friday 10 June 2022

"Mounted On A Tripod For Long-Range Accuracy..."

"...And with plenty of ammunition, it is an excellent defensive weapon."

These three plastic 15mm miniatures are produced by “Battlefront Miniatures” and can be found inside the company’s Code GE784 sMG34 Machine-gun Platoon blister for “Flames Of War”. The models consist of a choice of two different Non-Commissioned Officers (NCO), a Machine-gunner, Reloader and the Einheitsmaschinengewehr (Universal machine gun) itself.

Unlike my other “FoW” German soldiers however, the NCO was the only model I initially super-glued onto a wooden strip, as the other two infantrymen clearly needed to be in position upon their actual medium-sized base before I primed them all in “Vallejo” German Fieldgrey WWII. In addition, I actually needed to cut away some of the ammunition feed so as to allow the Reloader to lie upon the ground at an angle so as to stop his feet jutting off the end – something which would really trigger my obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).

"Crooked Dice Game Design Studio" WIPs - Argonauts Command and Strawbears

All three of the models were shaded using “Citadel” Nuln Oil, and dry-brushed with (more) “Vallejo” German Fieldgrey WWII. Their details were then ‘picked out’ predominantly using “Vallejo” Heavy Sienna, Gunmetal, Buff, German Camouflage Dark Green, Heavy Brown and a series of “Citadel” Shades. Lastly, I pigmented the sMG34 Machine-Gun using a combination of “Vallejo” Gunmetal and “Citadel” Nuln Oil.

Alongside the latest addition to my 1944 Beach Defence Company, I have been busy assembling and gluing some recently received figures from "Crooked Dice Game Design Studio". I'm really trying to immediately apply a brush to any new arrivals these days, so as last week's painting challenge, randomly chosen upon the turn of a playing card, was to pigment ten (more) 28mm scale miniatures, I thought I'd 'break the back of them' before the imminent arrival of my Horus Heresy: Age Of Darkness boxed set by "Games Workshop".

"Hero Forge" WIPs - Beekman, the Rambler and Van Dijk

The metal models are all from the Lincolnshire-based manufacturer's Villains and Monsters range, and predominantly consist of the two multi-part figures which make up their Argonauts Command deal, as well as three Strawbears from their Mummer Procession blister. Hopefully, all of these minions should be pigmented over the next few days, as their paint-schemes should mostly match those I've previously concocted for some Titans and the Strawman respectively.

In addition, I have based and primed the trio of comic book heroes I 'sculpted' using "Hero Forge" for this month's "Forgotten Heroes" event. The Rambler, Beekman and the evil Van Dijk are all taken from the "Time's Rambler" graphic novels by "Mooretoons Publishing", and have been 'seated' inside 40mm circular lipped bases so their 'modelled' bases can better align with the grit I ordinarily apply to my models' stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment