Wednesday 11 June 2014

Modern Middle Eastern Alliance Fedayeen - Part One

These six bases of 6mm "GHQ" miniatures are the start of a large Fedayeen Squad I'm currently painting as a Frontline Asset for my Middle Eastern Alliance (MEA) army. The force currently consists of a unit leader, accompanied by five stands of soldiers armed with assault rifles and utilises models taken from the "Micro Armour" stock codes TW1 Mujahadin Individual Infantrymen and TW2 Mujahadin Individual Heavy Weapons.
 
As I've previously mentioned when compiling the Revered Leader stand for my MEA force I've found it rather difficult at this tiny scale to identify the leader bases from amidst the rest of the infantry. So in order to more easily recognize the Fedayeen unit leader I placed a donkey (doubtless heavily laden with ammunition and additional supplies) besides the kneeling/pointing figure.

The models were initially undercoated with "Vallejo" White, washed with "Citadel" Nuln Oil and dry-brushed with more "Vallejo" White in order to bring out their detail. I then 'picked out' the soldier's footwear, weapons, hands and faces with "Citadel" Abaddon Black. The areas of skin were painted using a combination of "Vallejo" Heavy Skintone and "Citadel" Ogryn Flesh wash. Many of the models were additionally adorned with one or two ammunition belts, which I painted using a second hand pot of "Vallejo" Brass followed by a wash of "Citadel" Agrax Earthshade. 
 
In a complete change of scale I've also continued to labour on with these 28mm models from the "Judge Dredd Miniatures Game" by "Mongoose Publishing". I've now finished painting all of the gold areas on Judge Dekker and Judge Giant, and sealed these areas with a wash of "Citadel" Devlan Mud. In addition I've started to complete their elbow pads and gloves using a combination of "Vallejo" Heavy Green with "Citadel" Thrakka Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment