Monday 7 December 2020

"I Used To Have Nothing."

"And then I got this. This job. This family. And I was better because of it."

This 40mm scale plastic figure of Natalia Alianovna "Natasha" Romanoff is made by “Atomic Mass Games” and can be found in the Marvel Crisis Protocol expansion box CP24 Hawkeye & Black Widow Agent Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Assembled using sixteen separate pieces, not including its circular stand, the model depicts the former KGB operative and dangerous assassin, leaping over a partially-damaged symbol of Hydra.

"Recruited into S.H.I.E.L.D. by Clint Barton", the secret agent was first undercoated with two layers of "Citadel" Abaddon Black, enthusiastically dry-brushed with "Vallejo" Heavy Charcoal, and shaded using "Citadel" Nuln Oil. I then went back over her leg straps and gun holsters with some more "Citadel" Abaddon Black, to ensure the pair of leather attachments stood out ever-so slightly from the spy's roughly 'highlighted' costume.

"Atomic Mass Games" WIPs - The Black Widow was painted from the ground up

The Black Widow's automatic pistols and arm blasters were pigmented with some "Vallejo" Gunmetal, whilst parts of her costume were 'picked out' with "Vallejo" Heavy Red. All of these parts were subsequently washed in "Citadel" Nuln Oil. I also went back to Natasha's armaments and gave them a delicate dry-brush of more "Vallejo" Gunmetal to help them have a bit more glint about them.

Romanoff's electroshock weapons on her wrists were undercoated "Vallejo" Heavy Sienna, coated in Gold and then washed with "The Army Painter" Strong Tone Quickshade. "One of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s most efficient agents", I painted the founding member of the [MCU] Avengers' hair with a mixture of "Vallejo" Dark Vermillion and "Citadel" Agrax Earthshade, before dry-brushing it with (more) "Vallejo" Dark Vermillion.

"Crooked Dice Game Design Studio" WIPs - A Section Leader and Heavy Weapon Federated Trooper

With so much "Citadel" Nuln Oil on show I was rather keen to have some colour contrast occur with the Black Widow's base, so decided to paint the badly-damaged Hydra symbol with "Vallejo" Heavy Sienna, before subsequently applying a coat of Brass over the terrorist organisation's fallen symbol. I then shaded the piece of debris with "The Army Painter" Strong Tone Quickshade and the odd dollop of "Citadel" Nihilakh Oxide.

Having completed this particular incarnation of Natasha Romanoff I have made some more progress on my recently resurrected "Blake's Seven" project using "Crooked Dice Game Design Studio" miniatures. These now sadly OOP Federated Security Troopers will make some welcome Section Leaders/Heavy Weapon for my ever-expanding forces of Supreme Commander of the Terran Federation, and hopefully start clearing some space in my sadly significant partially-painted backlog...

No comments:

Post a Comment