Monday 8 April 2024

"The French Imperial Army..."

"...was the land force branch of the French imperial military during the Napoleonic era."

This 28mm scale metal model is produced by “Wargames Foundry", and these days can be purchased as part of the identical eight-figure FN054 - Light Infantry Chasseurs Advancing blister. However, I actually found this miniature last year in a loft-enshrined blister of ten Perry Twin sculpts labelled Chasseurs In Campaign Dress Advancing - a packet which was embarrassingly bought over two decades ago.

The Frenchman was initially primed using a mixture of "Vallejo" Surface Primer Black and "Citadel" Abaddon Black, and then rather roughly had his uniform/cuffs base-layered using a combination of "Vallejo" Heavy Blue and "Citadel" Drakenhof Nightshade. I next tackled the soldier's numerous (and genuinely terrifying) leather straps using a few of layers of  White Star by "Two Thin Coats", before 'muddying' them up a bit with some watered-down "Citadel" Agrax Earthshade.

"Games Workshop" WIPs - This Sons Of Horus space marine is having its details slowly 'picked out'

Having arguably overcome the Chasseur's biggest hurdle, I patiently started applying a little "Vallejo" Heavy Grey and "Citadel" Biel-Tan Green to his epaulettes and sabre-briquet ribbon, "Vallejo" Gold to parts of the trooper's sword and pure "Citadel" Abbadon Black to his cartridge pouch. In addition, I painted the miniature's back-pack and gun-stock with "Vallejo" Heavy Sienna and "Citadel" Agrax Earthshade, and his bedroll in "Vallejo" Sombre Grey and "Citadel" Nuln Oil.

With the official paint scheme from the Newark-based company's website well in mind, I gave model's shako covering a lick of "Vallejo" Heavy Brown and sploshed it with "Citadel" Agrax Earthshade. Before dolloping the figure's plume with "Two Thin Coats" White, Skulker Yellow, "Citadel" Reikland Fleshshade and a second dry-brush/dollop hybrid of (more) "Two Thin Coats" Skulker Yellow. Lastly, I patiently dry-brushed the main uniform with some extra "Vallejo" Heavy Blue to help bring out some of the sculpt's details.

"Papsikels Miniatures" WIPs - Three primed Pap C Guy - A miniatures

Somewhat doggedly returning to last month's main goal, I have managed to work my brush-tip across another 28mm plastic space marine by "Games Workshop". I'm still developing the fastest approach I can to painting my Sons of Horus tactical traitors - as I seem to need so many of them, simply to field a basic 500-point force - so I decided to complete all the "Vallejo" Gold shoulder-pads and kneepads on this particular piece first, before moving on to the "Citadel" Abaddon Black and "Vallejo" Gunmetal stages.

Furthermore, I've finally breathed a little life into my "Elegoo" Mars 3 Pro 3D printer by producing three 28mm Pap C Guy - A multi-piece figures by "Papsikels Miniatures". These guys are clearly inspired by the Gundam MSM-04 Acguy, and have been primed with "Vallejo" Heavy Sienna as a result. Perhaps with hindsight I should have upscaled these models quite significantly - as the mass production amphibious mobile suits are manoeuvred by a human pilot in Anime. However, I think they're rather cute so will probably just add them to my Earth Resistance Force (verses Aliens, Predators & Terminators) as friendly robots.

8 comments:

  1. Great work on the Nap Simon, and you seem to be pushing on well with these, as previously it stopped. Nice progress on the Son, and some fun little robots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. I stopped because of the AHPC - as these Naps always take me a good while to finish, and I simply don't have the time during the three months of the AHPC to do so. This month, I'm determined to play catch-up with my Naps, so expect plenty more to come over the coming weeks.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Lots more hopefully coming, Ray. I've finished another of the French Chasseurs, and have four Prussian Infantrymen on the go currently.

      Delete
  3. Great work on the French soldier. Really really good.
    Keep plugging away with those space marines! Nearly there.
    Those power armoured duck things look intriguing, I await the finished result with interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Undercoat. The Space Marine is finished now and posted too. I started the Pap C Guy just to break up the increasing pressure of working on (more) space marines and Napoleonics.

      Delete