 |
| Science Fiction figures once again completely dominated my past month's output |
Things have definitely been somewhat off-target painting-wise over the past few months, so rather than try to focus upon a somewhat ad hoc collection of Undead/Survivor themed miniatures for the annual "Zomtober" challenge during October, I thought things might be a bit more productive if I once again simply concentrated upon my backlog of a single, individual company. Of course, where I can I do plan to pigment a grisly ghoul, ghost or zombie, but considering just how badly the last four weeks' output turned out to be, I think I'd rather apply my paintbrush to some figures which inspire me to get them tabletop ready rather than aimlessly 'flit' around my lead mountain looking for something to tie in to a specific event.
Such a decision will hopefully allow me to get enough models varnished and flocked in time for some games of "Adventures in Time & Television" before the end of the year - a self-made solo/co-operative ruleset based upon my M.I.S.S. system. I've recently had to update the core of these homebrew rules to accommodate some of the 15mm figures/vehicles I have completed from "Alternative Armies" The Ion Age range, so bringing them up to speed for 28mm battles shouldn't prove too difficult.
 |
| "Crooked Dice Game Design Studio" WIPs - Three of the four Alien Legionnaries I've recently found |
Resultantly, I plan to predominantly work on a number of sculpts produced by "Crooked Dice Game Design Studio" in order to obtain a better understanding of what I need pick up from the manufacturer's stall whilst visiting the fairly imminent Wargames Association of Reading (WAR) annual wargames show Warfare. Initially, this'll focus upon more of Karl Perrotton's Alien Legionnaries, which will form the 'bulk' of the opposition for my game - and four of which I unexpectedly stumbled upon whilst having a bit of a rummage through my 'pile of potential'.
I have though also got my eye on some Nautican Warriors I recently purchased, which will give the 'randomly generated' villains a totally different aspect should they enter the contest. I am already working on a pilot piece for this evil underwater race, and will probably pick up their leader, Emporer Poseidus, along with a couple more packs of Nauticans when I attend the aforementioned show in the middle of November.
 |
| September 2026 - Crooked Dice Game Design Studio continues to extend their lead in my Top Five Manufacturers |
By far the biggest disappointment of September was failing to even get the four Systemic Security miniatures by "Beast In The Broch" finished. Admittedly, the remaining two figures are reasonably close to completion. Yet I am now far behind working on the set's two leading characters: Alpha One (standing) and Alpha Two (advancing), and have vowed not to order the company's latest releases - along with another load of System Security units, until I have them done too.
My fingers are most definitely crossed regarding my output over the next few weeks, as not only do I already have a load more 15mm "Alternative Armies" infantry en route, including enough Retained Knights to significantly 'fill out' my (not) Dark Angels contingent. But I am also awaiting many of the latest Submarine Crew sculpts from "Crooked Dice Game Design Studio". However, I do feel as if I will need to get a few actual games in to help maintain my hobby mojo as the shorter days start to draw in...
Hope this months plan pans out, and you can keep up the hobby mojo, when the dark nights close in, and before you increase the pile again ! LOL
ReplyDeleteThanks Dave. This has definitely been a bit of a slump year for me output wise. I'm just not painting much at all these days - and as you say, I'm still very much buying. LOL!!!
Delete