Monday, 7 September 2026

"But This Is A Fine Time To Test..."

 "...My newly acquired weapons."

This 140mm tall Inner Core was created using some "Bambu Lab" PLA (Polylactic Acid) on my A1 Mini 3D Printer and can be downloaded for free as part of the Sturmriese Axis Walker by "Warlord Games". Designed to be just one piece of the colossal-sized "Konlikt '47" death machine, I decided it would instead look rather good as an energy pylon on my "Marvel Multiverse Role-Playing Game" tabletop.

However, the original 3D print did look a little too bare for my liking so I thought I'd add some textured details to the scenic piece via some of the many decals gifted to me by “N-FX Game Design Studio” several years ago. These 'stickers' were sporadically placed here and there - most notably around the transmission tower's lower base in an effort to show that the invention had been occasionally updated and required plenty of air vents for its internal cooling mechanism.

"Beast In The Broch" WIPs - A trio of models from inside their Systemic Units set.

The entire ensemble was subsequently undercoated using a couple of layers of "Vallejo" Gunmetal Blue, almost drowned in "Citadel" Nuln Oil and dry-brushed with (more) "Vallejo" Gunmetal Blue. The pylon's dome was then treated to a lick of "Vallejo" Gunmetal, shaded with "Citadel" Nuln Oil and subsequently dry-brushed with (more) "Vallejo" Gunmetal. In fact, I actually ended up giving the entire 3D a very light dry-brush of "Vallejo" Gunmetal to help better highlight all its edges and features.

I next settled down to the task of patiently colouring many of its vents and details using a combination of "Vallejo" Gunmetal and "Citadel" Nuln Oil. I really didn't need everything to contrast as I'm big believer in scenery predominantly sitting in the background of a game, and resultantly I didn't bother varnishing the 'Inner Core' either - so it would hopefully blend in better with some of the other pre-painted pieces I own.

"Atomic Mass Games" WIPs - This Dark Trooper has been assembled, primed and base-coated

With the first of my entries completed for Dave Stone's Season of Scenery over on his "Wargames Terrain Workshop" blog, I have begun pigmenting some of the figures found in the Systemic Units set by "Beast In The Broch". I'm hoping their predominantly black and silver colour scheme will mean they're pretty straightforward to get tabletop ready, so am currently just focusing on three of alien computer network's humanoid minions first.

In addition, after battling to (plastic) glue together another 40mm scale Phase-III Dark Trooper by "Atomic Mass Games", I'm delightfully in a position where I just need to paint the "Star Wars: Shatterpoint" multi-part droid. My difficulties in assembling these monstrosities is really starting to eat away at my enthusiasm for the models. But in an effort to maintain my interest in George Lucas' galaxy (far, far away), I have now dusted off a few "Star Wars: Legion" miniatures to add to my hobby queue...

No comments:

Post a Comment