Wednesday 5 March 2014

British Soldier With Piat - Part One

This is one of four models which can be found within the "Secrets Of The Third Reich" blister B-SOTR08 Piat D's. To be honest I'm not sure I'll actually paint any more of the models from the "West Wind Productions" pack for the foreseeable future as I only plan to field one such British Anti-Tank Team for my games of "Weird War Two".

In keeping with my British Army paint scheme I used "Citadel" Doombull Brown for the soldier's uniform and helmet, and Calthan Brown for their bullet-proof vest. I then washed all of these areas with Agrax Earthshade.

Originally I simply painted the Projector Infantry Anti-Tank weapon Boltgun Metal and applied a Nuln Oil wash to it. But from the tabletop this made the tank killer appear little different to the rest of the gunner's section. So I later applied a coat of "Vallejo" Heavy Green and wash of "Citadel" Thrakka Green" all over the weapon, leaving only the spigot bomb itself a dull metallic silver.
In the meantime I've wilted once again and started to paint another of my old "Mongoose Publishing" Street Judges as a little distraction from the sea of British brown and German grey miniatures I currently have parading upon my painting table.

No comments:

Post a Comment